Health and Safety
The Health department is in coordination with the local Health and Clinic Bureau of Shanghai. The children’s health is our priority so we ensure that proper care and guidance are given in every situation.
Mandatory Rest Period (Stay-at-home)
For Specified illness or condition as required by the Health Bureau:
1. Varicella//Chicken Pox: 21 days
2. Measles: 21 – 28 days
3. Rubella/German Measles: 18 days
4. Mumps/Epidemic Parotitis: 21 days
5. Viral Hepatitis: 45 days
6. Pertussis Whooping Cough: 21 days
7. Scarlet fever: 12 days
8. Shigellosis Bacillary Dysentery: 7 days
9. Conjuctivitis/Sore Eyes: 7 days
10. Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease (HFMD): 14 days
Please note that after the specified mandatory rest period, you must bring your child to the doctor and get a doctor’s certificate to make sure that your child is clear of the illness.
Thank you for your cooperation.